What is BIOIncubation?
The goal of BIOIncubation program is to provide business assistance and advisory services necessary for growth and development of the early stage biotech companies.
The services are intended for:
- Academic startups – the establishment of such companies is facilitated through research funding, intellectual property protection and pre-incubation.
- Researchers looking for opportunities to start a business – Researchers pursuing projects with commercial potential form the basis from which future incubation startups are identified, supported and selected.
- Companies that need laboratory space for biotechnological processes and products development – young, innovative companies, existing SMEs, but also corporations can use some of the services and development processes offered.
- Companies seeking specialist employee training – training opportunities are available to companies through attending BIOCentre training programs.
BIOCentre is also able to offer high quality, specially prepared pre-incubation process services.
In the process of incubation, BIOCentre offers services especially important for a good start of a company in the market.
The following business assistance and advisory services are available to entrepreneurs and businesses:
- Business validation enables a prospective entrepreneur to test a business idea by creating a prototype, a strategic marketing plan, and a strategic business plan that includes market and competition analysis, as well as determining patent rights.
- The mentoring program provides the support of experienced scientific and business mentors who are able to support start-ups in certain parts of the business through their experience.
- Business support supports the development of startups. It covers early stage investment, assistance in building a management team, training and other advisory services (licensing, etc.).
BIOCentre is also able to offer high quality, specially prepared pre-incubation process services:
- Idea testing – the process in which the analysis of a technological concept (technical analysis) is carried out, the market potential (assessment of market needs) is determined, as well as the assessment of entrepreneurial ability and competence (evaluation of the venture). In addition, it is possible to define an initial project commercialization strategy.
- Concept check – it is carried out when it is possible to analyse the feasibility of the concept, which includes technical feasibility, market analyses, business plan…
- Intellectual property protection – involves the analysis of existing documentation and the development of a strategy for the protection and exploitation of intellectual property
In the process of incubation, BIOCentre offers services especially important for a good start of a company in the market:
- Trainings for capabilities improvements of managers and employees
- Market research
- Marketing services
- Monitoring of legal regulations regarding the introduction of products or services in different markets
- Contacts with investors
- Network of business contacts